“H&H’s Mother’s Day Electrolux” Contest Official Contest Rules
No purchase is necessary. A purchase does not increase your chance of winning.
There is no fee to enter this giveaway.
We are looking for 1 lucky mom. Tell us in 300 words or less why your mom deserves a new Electrolux appliance this Mother’s Day We will collect all entries and choose ten finalists. We will open it up to allow the public to vote for their favorites. The top three entries receiving the most votes will win. There will be three (3) winners who will win one of three gift certificates valid towards Electrolux Appliances purchased at H&H Appliance Center in East Windsor, NJ. First prize $1,000, Second prize $500, Third prize $250 *Rebates can be included with Gift Certificate towards a purchase of an Electrolux product.
Void where prohibited by law. Online entry only and Facebook account and internet connection required.
Limit of One (1) entry per Facebook account. Voters can vote once (1) per Facebook user account.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC. (“FACEBOOK”).
1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: H&H Appliance Center’s “H&H’s Mother’s Day Electrolux” Contest on Facebook is open only to legal residents in New Jersey (All counties) and Pennsylvania in Bucks, Philadelphia, and Montgomery counties, who are over the age of 18. Void outside defined areas, and wherever prohibited by law. Employees, directors and officers of H&H Appliance Center (as Sponsor), Electrolux Home Products, Inc. (as prize provider) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, and fulfillment agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members of each such individual (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same households of each (those persons whether legally related or not who live in the same residence for at least three (3) months during the twelve (12)-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion) are not eligible to participate.
2. PROMOTION ENTRY PERIOD: The contest begins on April 14th at 12:00pm and ends on May 10th, 2014 at 11:00 pm. Three finalists will be selected by April 30th, 2014 at 12:00pm from all eligible entries submitted. Voting will start May 1st, 2014 12:00pm and end May 10th 2014 at 11:00 pm.
Sponsor’s time clock is the official clock for this Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
3. Eligible individuals may enter the Promotion by: Visiting the H&H Appliance Center Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/hhappliance and entrants can then enter the Promotion through the Sweepstakes tab by following the entry instructions on the Application page and filling out and submitting the entry form provided. Upon filling out all required form fields and submitting the entry form, you will be entered into the Promotion. Each entrant will be asked to submit an official entry form, which may include, among other things, his/her full name, address (no P.O. Boxes), e-mail address, and related registration information as prompted. Entrant must complete and submit the entry form with all required information for the entry to be eligible.
Limit one (1) entry per Facebook user ID. Each entry submitted in this Promotion is referred to as an “Entry”. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Promotion at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry for the domain associated with the submitted address provided that person is eligible. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. Registered account holder is defined as the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. For purposes of this Promotion, an Entry is “received” when the Application’s servers record the entry information. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Promotion. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entry that does not comply with these Official Rules.
4. VOTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS : The public will be provided with the opportunity to visit https://www.facebook.com/hhappliance and select his/her favorite Entry (each a “Vote”) between May 1st, 2014 at 12:00pm EST and end May 10th, 2014 at 11:00pm EST (the “Voting Period”) subject to the terms and conditions herein. Limit one (1) vote per person per email address during the entire Voting Period. Votes must be entered manually. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, paying for votes, offering sweepstakes/contest entries, awards or other inducements or any kind of consideration to persons in exchange for votes, or as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or which subvert or impair the integrity of the voting process, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be void. Any attempt by Entrant and/or his/her family/friends or any other individual to vote using any fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to void the votes in question and/or disqualify the Entrant in its sole discretion. Voting must be completed by the actual person casting the vote. A person may not vote on behalf of another person. Multiple votes by one person/email address will be disqualified. Voters must follow instructions on Site to submit their votes. H&H Appliance Center (“Sponsor”), Electrolux Home Products, Inc. (as prize provider) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, and fulfillment agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”),are not responsible for incorrect/inaccurate voting information. Promotion Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, votes. Promotion Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any vote to be cast or tabulated on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at a website, or any combination thereof or for any other reason, or for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in voting process or downloading any materials. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE VOTING PROCESS OR THE COMPETITION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, or suspend the voting or void any vote should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, action of Entrant or voter, or other cause corrupt or impair the administration, security, or fairness of the voting. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be violating these terms, tampering with the voting process, or acting in an unsportsmanlike or improper manner and void all associated votes. If the voting process is terminated early by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to count the eligible votes among all non-suspect, eligible votes received up to time of cancellation, or not count the votes and simply base the winning entries on the judging criteria outlined in the Contest official rules. The decision of the Sponsor with respect to the tallying of votes, and the invalidation or disqualification of any suspected votes, shall be in its sole discretion and final and binding.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER/ODDS: Ten finalists will be selected by April 30th, 12:00pm from all eligible entries submitted. Between May 1st 2014 and May 10th 2014 Facebook users will be able to vote for their favorite entry. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules and of administration of the Promotion. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winner will be final. The finalists will be chosen using the following criteria:
1. Demonstration of Need
2. Heartfelt Story
3. Fact-based narrative
Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Promotion Period. Winner will be notified by email to the email address provided during the entry submission process.
Winner will have fourteen (14) days to pick-up their prize at the H&H Appliance Center in East Windsor, NJ
Gift certificate is good for 6 months and will expire on November 1st, 2014.
The Promotion Parties are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. A potential prize winner who provides a P.O. Box may be required to provide an alternative address and this may cause a delay in notification and acceptance so use of a P.O. Box is discouraged.
Each potential winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winner, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prizes. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Promotion Parties are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
6. PRIZE: There will be three (3) winners Total. First prize $1,000 Second prize $500 Third prize $250 all towards purchase of Electrolux appliances (form of an Electrolux Gift Certificate used only at H&H Appliance Center) *Rebates can be included with Gift Certificate towards a purchase of an Electrolux product.
Sponsor is not responsible for delivery, providing cabinetry or the installation of the appliance or removal of the old appliance.
All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider’s rules and restrictions. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of the prize and are solely the winner’s responsibility. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive, plus optionally chosen delivery and installation charges if so elected.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is $1000, $500, $250. which is based on available information provided to Sponsor. The value of the prize awarded to the winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of winner for the actual value of the prize received. In the event a prize winner engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor or any prize provider in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the transaction or other applicable experience early.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or download any information in connection with participating in the Promotion or with the acceptance, use or misuse of prize. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Promotion, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site, in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestions on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including, without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site or Application. Use of Web Site and Application is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Promotion, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site, or acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. By participating in the Promotion, the entrant agrees to resolve any dispute individually, without resort to any class action. By accepting a prize in the Promotion, winners agree that the Sponsor, Promotion Parties and Facebook shall not be liable for any claims, liabilities, damages, demands, judgments, death, loss, injury, lawsuits, causes of action, penalties, fines, proceedings, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees and legal costs) (collectively “Claims”) arising from, resulting from or in connection with the Promotion or the participation or inability to participate in the Promotion or the acceptance, possession, receipt, travel related to, delivery of, defect of, misuse, inability to use or use of any prize. By accepting prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation. Promotion Parties are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Facebook platform that may interfere with the Promotion (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use Facebook for the Promotion as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via Facebook, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Promotion. The Promotion Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, THE PROMOTION PARTIES AND FACEBOOK FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF, RESULTING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION OR THE PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, RECEIPT, TRAVEL RELATED TO, DELIVERY OF, MISUSE, INABILITY TO USE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR, THE PROMOTION PARTIES OR FACEBOOK BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES AND EACH PARTICIPANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER.
H&H Appliance Center Limitations of Liability and Release apply. (Available upon request)
9. WINNER LIST/RULES REQUEST: For a copy of the Official Rules, log on to https://www.facebook.com/hhappliance. Winner will be notified via email and winner announced on the Facebook Newsfeed.
10. SPONSOR: H&H Appliance Center, 909 US 130 North, East Windsor, NJ 08520. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and any questions; comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook.
Electrolux Home Products, Inc. is not responsible for the conduct, execution or administration of this Promotion.