‘Tis the season for autumn squashes, nutmeg, and pumpkin. We are extremely sad to see the grill cover go on, but are equally excited to start using these recipes. And if you’re from our area (Central NJ) you know that there is an abundance of local fall growers to get your pumpkins and squash from! These five recipes serve as our top five picks this fall.
Have a favorite fall recipe? We would love to showcase yours on our blog or Facebook page.
1. Pumpkin ravioli with brown butter sauce and pecans by JuliasAlbum.com. We really have no words for this one other than delicious.
2. Pearled barley salad with apples, pomegranate seeds and pine nuts by FoodandWine.com. This recipe is wonderful because it is healthy, can be made all year ‘around, and is vegan.
3. Pumpkin crepes with beer and cinnamon apples and a chocolate drizzle by Joanne-EatsWellWithOthers.com. Crepes are fantastic at any time of year, right? Why not spice up your crepe recipe using this delectable drizzle.
4. Pumpkin spice latte popsicles by PurpleHouseCafe.com. This recipe includes dairy but could be modified using coconut milk. Pumpkin popsicles are perfect for that not-so-cold-yet fall day.
5. Pumpkin seed pesto by CookLikeAChampionBlog.com. What an interesting alternative to the traditional pesto.